[Public-list] Thinking about buying an Alberg ... sorry very long post

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Jan 15 05:20:23 PST 2007

Good morning Sam -

I hope you get your boat!  Mine has factory installed wheel steering; the
tell tales for determining the steering was installed by the factory are:

- they used Edson with small enamelled wheels
- the pedistal is rather forward in the cockpit; abreast of the main winches
- no compass on the ped. Just a teak disc covering the top.
- throttle lever on starboard side of that wooden disc.

It is dead easy to remove if you want to go back to the tiller, it will just
be a matter of unbolting the pedistal and removing the steel cables from the
quadrant on the rudder shaft under the cockpit.  You can leave the quadrant
in place.  The only complication will be re-positioning the throttle lever.

Cheers - Gord #426 Midland on Georgian Bay