[Public-list] Internal reefing lines in boom

Joel Lembo jlembo at scwwa.org
Wed Jan 17 07:42:16 PST 2007

Thanks Richard. I have the Jib and Main lines run back for single handing. I
also have slab reefing but ran them on the outside of the boom but this is
too messy. Looking at your set up gives me another alternative to neatness.
My question on the main is its dimensions. Your boom seems a bit higher over
the dodger to compensate for the bimini height and would eliminate the head
banger syndrome. Mine is set up with a Cunningham and was interested if
shortening the main a little will affect performance or balance.

Thanks
Joel
Janus 449