[Public-list] public-list Digest, Vol 1020, Issue 1

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 10 15:04:56 PDT 2007

"Emotional Rescue, #303, 1968, was getting a soft cockpit floor last year. We removed the inspection plate outer ring and saw that the plies of the plywood sole were seperating. We cleaned out the dirt between the plies for approx. 6 inches around the hole and forced in a polyurethane caulking, clamped it for a week, removed the clamps. We also placed three (3) 1-1/2 inch x 1-1/2 inch x 22 inch long steel angles across the under sole and secured them with cup washers and flat-head SS bolts. Made all the difference in the world. Ed Schroeder

"Cole, Andrew L" <andrew.cole at llff.com> wrote:  Pete,

We have 1966 Alberg # 152 with the same problem. Our deck coring is all
Masonite, to the best of my knowledge, but I suppose the cockpit floor
could be balsa as the other poster suggested. There does not seem to be
any safety issue with the spongy floor, my intended solution is going to
be to leave the boat alone and build a teak grate which will spread
loads more and make the cockpit floor feel more solid.

Andrew
Andante - 152

>Message: 4
>Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:55:19 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Peter Manika

>Subject: [Public-list] Cockpit Sole
>To: public-list at lists.alberg30.org

>I have a 1966 A30 hull # 154. I am noticing that the cockpit sole seems
to be getting soft, (spongy). Especially around the
>inspection plate. Can anyone tell me what the cord in that area may be
and what would the resolve be? Any help would be >
>appreciated.
> Pete (Qyteza)

Cole, Andrew L
Admitted in Maryland, Virginia & Florida
One Corporate Center
10451 Mill Run Circle, Suite 1000
Baltimore MD 21117

tel: 410 581-7408
fax: (410) 581-7410
mob: (410) 206-3577

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for public-list at lists.alberg30.org. If you are not public-list at lists.alberg30.org you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify andrew.cole at llff.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Cole, Andrew L therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.