[Public-list] Comcast blocking email

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Jun 30 21:16:17 PDT 2007

I think it's been taken care of, but Comcast was bouncing messages and
some users subscriptions got disabled for a few days.  Apparently there
was a spam complaint about someone using the same ISP, and Comcast
decided to block all mail from that ISP's mail servers.

This is especially ironic considering the volume of spam and viruses
being sent from zombie machines on Comcast's network.  And Comcast's
customer service contributes to the problem.  When I was a Comcast
customer, they often started tech support calls by telling me to remove
my firewall so they could probe my system.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but there's nothing much I can do
about the situation.  You can check the archives to see what messages
you may have missed.  See http://alberg30.org/public-list

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.