[Public-list] Big surprise in stern locker...

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jun 3 14:29:14 PDT 2007

Hi everyone -

Well I decided to take a day completely to myself and work on the boat all
day... Wonderful!

One of my projects was to empty the stern locker of all the rope etc that
has accumulated in there over the years - took away more than I could carry
in one load!  Once I had it empty I decided to wash it.  Then I started
poking around the 3" air duct that runs down to under the engine for the
blower... Nearly fainted.  The hose is not, and has not been for what looks
like many many years, connected to the end that goes under the engine.  All
this time I thought I was being so responsible ventilating for several
minutes before starting up; I have only been exhausting the stern locker.

It is fixed now; I guess I have been lucky all this time.

Gord #426 Surprise