[Public-list] Bulkhead question

Jonathan Budington jon at globalprinting.com
Sun Jun 3 16:24:25 PDT 2007

Thanks for the reply Joe.

I did do some tapping on the deck, and it appears to be sound.  This is hull #67, so it does have the masonite core.  I do plan to re-caulk the chainplates - I may even remove them and upgrade the bolts (I did the mast beam repair last year, but I haven't done the bolt upgrade yet).  I'm just concerned about a rotting bulkhead that fails without warning.  I remember that happening to someone on the list last season.  I'm often sailing with my young kids, and my wife is just beginning to enjoy herself on the boat.  Losing the rig would be the end of our happy family sailing trips.  Do you know of any good way to inspect the bulkhead?