[Public-list] hull thickness/transducers

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 12 07:01:27 PDT 2007

George:
     I used a through hull there and faired the edges of the through
hull to the hull with epoxy to make a smooth transition for water flow
on the hull. I do not have a box for a bath. The hull was fairly
consistent there and it was more than 1/2" thick where I cut through,
but that may have been exacerbated by the angle. I do know that #528 has
a thin hull at the point where the prop shaft exits though. Sorry, I
looked for a picture and can't find one. The boat is in the water now
and I don't think I can get the bow high enough to get one until the
fall and liftout, even with all the racers on the stern during this
coming weekend!
Don.