[Public-list] Insurance?

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 11:22:42 PDT 2007

Currently, I use Boat US and I'm not too happy about it.  Currently, my annual premium for the US Atlantic coastal waters, excluding Florida is $700.   My issue with Boat US is that they valued the boat at $14k, even though I put about $30k worth of upgrades and figure the fair market value to be around $20 to $25k.  At their request, I sent them a pile of reciepts, only for them to decline raising the insured value. They won't change the value due to Caprice's age.  Just my two cents..plus an additional $699.98

  Bobby
  Caprice #388

"Patricia O. Meinhold" <pmeinhold at comcast.net> wrote:
  Our boat insurance is coming due this Summer.

Our current insurer (National Marine Underwriters) was bought out and
the cost has gone up some. We were very happy with NMU, but we are
considering BoatUS.

Does anyone insure with BoatUS and have an opinion one way or the other?

Thanks,
Pat Meinhold
Rinn Duin, #272