[Public-list] ice box insulation in liner boats

John Boor mahseer at kos.net
Fri Mar 2 07:57:58 PST 2007

When I removed my ice box on a non lined boat I found the insulation to be
high density foam about 1in thick with an outer glass cloth layer I also
found the bottom to be completely saturated in water even though it looked
dry.  Use a moisture meter to check for wetness.  I could find no way to
check the outer edge of the box when insitue but did notice the whole box
was a drop in unit ( I suspect this was done before the deck was
installed) with space all arround the outside this space varied depending
on location.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380