[Public-list] Centre Hatch on 1965 A30

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:02:57 PDT 2007

I have an aftermarket hatch in the coach roof of my boat which is #287
and does not have a liner. It was installed by a previous owner. It is
quite small (about 12" square) and the frame is made of anodized
aluminum. The plastic laminate is quite crazed so it does not let in
that much light but it improves ventilation significantly. I use it
often. It does not get in the way while sailing as long as it is
closed. To my knowledge, neither I nor any member of my crew have ever
stepped on it because it is quite small and normally under the boom
when sailing upwind or motoring, but even if one of us had done so, I
don't believe it would break (again because of the small size).

I would call the installation of my hatch somewhat less than perfect.
But it is far from being unsightly.

Overall I like it. I have had several other owners comment that they
would like to have one too.

Later,

J Bergquist