[Public-list] Cockpit drains above water line

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:08:34 PDT 2007

Roger,

You need to go sailing.

Mike Lehman
~~~_/)_/)~~_/)~~~

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Roger L. Kingsland" <r.kingsland at ksba.com>
To: "Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all" <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
Subject: Re: [Public-list] Cockpit drains above water line
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:51:16 -0400

At 3:00 AM, while I lie awake in bed putting the finishing touches on the
back porch/barbecue/dingy dock/sea anchor design, I thought, wait a minute,
if one crosses the cockpit drain hoses, won't water still regurgitate
through the leeward cockpit drain as long as the windward drain outlet is
under water?  If so, does the boat heel so much and/or are the cockpit drain
through hulls high enough that one is out of the water when the leeward part
of the cockpit is under water?  So little time to contemplate so many
irrelevant questions.