[Public-list] Crossed drains (was ...drains above the water line)

mark dierker markdierker at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 07:40:57 PDT 2007

I dont think they are crossed to improve the drainage, they are crossed to prevent the cockpit from flooding when heeled over.

-snip-
 I could never visualize how a cockpit with water in it when you're
well heeled would drain, because in my visualization, the hose that was
low in the cockpit would now lead nearly straight "up" to the opposing
through-hull.

Mark Dierker
Columbia, MO