[Public-list] Rudder is gone.

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Mar 29 12:05:22 PDT 2007

Hang in there Tom!  Getting the rudder back is not as simple as replacing a
deck cleat but it could be worse.

What you need to do is buy a new stainless steel or Alum Bronze rudder post
and have a new skeleton welded to it.  You will then have to lay up a new
closed cell foam and glass rudder.

You can lift a pattern for the basic outline from another Alberg 30... And
get a design of the steel (or bronze) skeleton from either someone on the
list or by consulting Skene's Elements of Yacht Design.

I have forgotten where you are - if I can help I will.  Perhaps at least I
can steer you toward good trades people who can fabricate things for you.
Nothing I carry will be appropriate for the job but I can help.

If you want to call me please do so.

Gord #426 Surprise 866-577-5505