[Public-list] Canadian Weekend Race Details - Please Join Us

Tim Williams tim at goosemonkey.com
Sun May 6 13:21:22 PDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

I have spoken with a number of people that have expressed varying levels of
interest in participating in the team races in Toronto this June.  Now is
the time to make some commitments!

At present, I am the only confirmed skipper that is attending.  I have a
couple of my crew that will be coming as well.  We desperately need to field
another boat.  Who can I count on?!

I went to the regatta when I was in high school and had a great time.  I'd
encourage anyone that's interested to make the time and come along.  I can
promise that you will have a great time.  Also, if anyone is thinking of
bringing a spouse and/or kids along, the Canadians have offer again (as they
have done in the past) to help coordinate onshore activities for anyone
interested.  It's an amazing and beautiful city both by land and by lake.

Here are the details on the trip:

========Agenda========
June 15, Friday night: Pot luck dinner
June 16, Saturday: Racing with lunches provided, Dinner
June 17, Sunday: Racing with lunches provided, Awards after racing

========Travel=========
+By Car+
There are some folks that are planning on driving up on Friday.  The one
couple that I know that is driving is planning on making the rest of
the week a vacation, so their departure is not solid.  Anyone that is
interested in driving or that needs a ride, please contact me and I'll see
what I can do to coordinate.

+By Air+
I'm planning on flying in and out of Toronto; I have business to conduct
there.  I've been told that flying into Buffalo and driving from there may
be significantly cheaper than a direct flight to Toronto.  (Southwest shows
a round trip to Buffalo from Baltimore is $100 today!)  The Canadians have
been so gracious as to offer to pick us up from the airport in Toronto
should anyone be flying in there.

*Passports: Right now to travel in and out of Canada by air, you MUST have
your passport.  Traveling by car you can use your birth certificate until
1/1/2008.

+A Place to Stay+
The Canadians have offered to house anyone that needs a room!  Sweet!  In
addition there are some condos very near the yacht club that go for $85 per
night.  Please let me know who needs a room and I'll work out the logistics.

Please forward this on to anyone you know that may be interested in coming
on the trip.  I'm here to help!

--Tim Williams
LinGin #244
410-757-7989 (H)