[Public-list] Electric Albergs

Rick Leach rixquik at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 15:11:58 PDT 2007

I know for a fact that there is an Alberg 30 in Alameda (S.F. Bay) that has been converted to electric propulsion.  The guy is an engineer for McDonnell-Douglas, I believe.  From what I remember, he basically used it to get in and out of the marina, about 250 yards each way.  I'm sure he greater capability, but I couldn't tell you how much.  Overall, he seemed really happy with it.

A buddy of mine keeps his Ericson 27 in the same marina.  I'll see if he can get any more information about it.

Rick Leach
S/V Sugar Magnolia
Monterey, California