[Public-list] While on the topic of wiring ....

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Tue May 15 08:14:12 PDT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 07:00:13PM -0400, Jack Vanderloo wrote:
> Has anyone - most installation manuals' instructions clearly to the
> contrary - with radar ever cut and rejoined the data cable at an inside
> junction box when there has been absolutely no other alternative (such
> as trying to force a 1.25" connector up a 1.25" OD pedestal guard pipe)
> and still ended up with a functional radar?
>
> Any advice, tips, hope?

Back when I was in IT, I rolled plenty of my own data cables. It's not
particularly difficult, and doesn't really require much by way of
special tools (figure on a $20 phone/ethernet crimper, and $20 for a
punch-down tool if you go for terminal blocks). I doubt that your data
cable is pushing as much signal through it as your average computer
network, so the computer bits (figure on about 5 bucks for parts if you
go for jack& plug, or if you want to use a terminal block, just grab it
from the dumpster at an office or large building renovation/demolition)
should do the trick.

Cheers,
Kris
#583 Candy Cane