[Public-list] Paint Maintenance Question for Joe

FITZONELOVE at aol.com FITZONELOVE at aol.com
Sat May 19 06:19:41 PDT 2007

Hi Brian,
The picture is one part Brightside, which was done in 2000, and was still
looking good in 2007, but a lot of mooring/dinghy scuffs and scratches
necessitated a new coat.  Every spring I use 3M Restorer and Wax, by hand,  and the
finish comes right back.  All I had to do this spring was palm sand  the finish
with 220 sandpaper and fill the scratches with 3M Marine Paste  (1 day), sand
the patches, wipe it down with 330 thinner and roll/tip the  paint (2 days).
Metallic Gold 1/2" tape in the cove stripe looks  great.  Brightside is an
excellent paint, I hope they don't discontinue  it.
Hope to see you this year!
Best,
Joe  #286