[Public-list] Gold hull tape removal

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 11:09:28 PDT 2007

Ted,

Are you talking about the cove stripe that is about 8" below the rub rail?
If so the tape is probalbly a plastic tape that is [or was] gold in color.
Often this tape turns clear after several years. I would experiment,
carefully with a heat gun to loosen up the glue and try to peel the tape
off. The left over residue can be removed with acetone.

Mike Lehman