[Public-list] Gold cove stripe removal

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 07:21:47 PDT 2007

To remove stripes at our boat repair shop we use a snap-on brand tool called a "crud thug" with the rubber eraser wheel installed. It makes stripe removal a very simple affair with very little labor. A light touch is required as too much pressure will burn the gelcoat. Mac tools has one also. You would have the stripe off the boat in less than an hour. The rubber wheel should be able to get in the groove of the cove with no problem. The snap on tool was around $500 bucks, the rubber wheels $20 - $30 each. One wheel would be plenty. Not sure if a rental company would have these but if they did it'd be worth renting one!

Best Regards,

Don Lang, #473