[Public-List] opening ports

Brian Zinser bzinser at lssu.edu
Thu Nov 1 06:25:35 PDT 2007

I'm curious about the number of boats that did not have opening ports in
the v-berth and head/hanging locker area.  This summer when Michael
Connolly visited my boat he was surprised to see that I had original
opening ports on my boat.  I always assumed that the opening ports were
standard.  When we returned to my home, I dug out the original bill of
sale and noticed that the opening ports were an option.  I can't
remember, but I think they cost about $12 more than the fixed ports in 1966.

Ironically, despite the port upgrade, I do not have grab rails on the
inside salon ceiling.

Brian Zinser
Manana #134