[Public-List] Mast raising rig and shore cart

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 30 07:48:41 PST 2007

Hello all,

  Thanks George, Brian and Don for your input and suggestions.  If others wish to add something please do.  CB and Mike Lehman or others might have specific comments to fine tune this operation.

  I agree that to seriously injure myself is not worth the $150.00 I might save to raise the mast.

  Perhaps I will add a tall "Flag Pole" to my property to serve a second function as a gin pole.  I have just relocated to a new place in Arcadia, Michigan and there are neighbor rules and regulations that I must consider. But I am one to always push the envelope a bit.

  I was surprised that Don felt that a rigged mast was only around 200 pounds.  Does anyone on the list have other estimates of the weight of a fully rigged Alberg 30 mast? I thought that it was heavier.

  Michael