[Public-List] gas tank

Bill Ydel bydel at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 30 18:30:08 PST 2007

I have what I believe is the original gas tank under the cockpit floor of
SallyB #441. Unfortunately I have sprung a leak.

I have read most of the old postings about fuel tanks.

Is it possible to get the tank out and a new one in without removing the
engine?

I get the impression that some folks have done that by going through the
port locker.

Would the simplest plan be to put a new tank in the starboard locker?

It would be great if someone could describe the process of replacing the
tank.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

Bill