[Public-List] Cushion replacement

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Oct 3 10:15:25 PDT 2007

I had a tufted topper made for the v-berth. Sleeps almost like home. comfortable enough that I could "sleep in" while cruising this summer. Getting sheets that really fit is a different challenge.

A friend of mine had a new "mattress" for her sleeping quarters from a tempurpedic knock-off. She swears by it but not at it. She saved a bundle as well.
David, 432
>>> Gail DeMoss <gdemoss at alberg30.org> 10/2/2007 6:40 PM >>>
Glenn, The cushions on "Calypso" were also quite firm for sleeping so
George removed the covers, bought 2 inch memory foam and cut it to the
same size as the too-firm cushion foam.  We laid the memory foam on top
of the too-firm cushion foam and then proceeded to replace the covers.
This is a bit like stuffing two pounds of stuff into a one pound bag but
it can be done.  The memory foam then settles in and shapes itself to
the cushions and they are now a delight for sleeping and sitting.  We
also have memory foam on our king-size mattress in the house.  It is
very kind to tender joints and aching muscles.  Hope this helps and
might save you from replacing your cushion foam.

Gail Dinwiddie
Calypso