[Public-List] Permanent mooring for A-30's

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:23:16 PDT 2007

Lee et al,

Silly of me not to have included those details!  Obviously they play a role
in the determinations.

My hope is to moor in a salt-water bay that is protected from all but strong
southerly winds.  The bottom is silt and mud with some rock detritus.  Small
cruise ships (100+/- passengers) anchor in the area with no trouble.  The
tide range is about 6 feet on springs and my projected water depth would be
around 16-20 feet at dead low water.  There are no tidal currents of
consequence but I suspect that the southerlies would create a moderate
strain on the boat and mooring.  Any slope to the bottom is relatively
gentle and southerlies would be tending to push the boat and mooring uphill.

Thanks again,

Hugh

P.S. Voyage details will be prepared once I get caught up with all of the
other stuff that needed/needs attention due to my abscence!  For those that
offered pre-trip advice I will be in touch individually with my thanks.