[Public-List] Engine Power Loss

Brian Hofler bhofler at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 11 17:26:57 PDT 2007

I have an atomic 4 that was rebuilt last year with all the bells and
whistles including electronic ignition. When the transmission is in forward,
neutral and reverse at the dock I get about 2000 RPM. However when I leave
the dock I cannot get the RPM's over 1200 in forward. I have adjusted the
transmission to ensure that forward and reverse gears are operating
properly, I have replaced the plugs and scraped the barnacles off the prop
(a Campbell proper specified for the A4, adjusted the main jet on the
carburetor and tried to time the engine as best I can by loosing the bolt
and advancing / retarding the distributor to time the engine properly. Is
there something I have missed that will ensure that the engine runs at the
correct RPM under load?

Brian - Putachieside - 496

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:46 PM