[Public-List] Homestrand alcohol stove

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:25:21 PDT 2008

Good day all,

Our boat came with a Homestrand Inc. Model 206 2 burner pressure alcohol stove.  Last summer, on the voyage home, I had really sporadic performance from it and temporarily used a portable propane stove instead.

This afternoon I removed the alcohol stove from the boat with the intentions of giving it an overhaul.  No doubt it is the original stove in the boat and residues from some of the first meals appear to have been "preserved" on the counter top under the lip!

I have done a search of the internet for documentation for this stove and had no luck.  The stove seems simple to take apart but I am hesitant to do so without first referring to a service document.

Does anyone on the list have a parts diagram and/or instruction manual for this stove?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hugh