[Public-List] Foredeck -adding blocks of wood under fairleads to get them off of the toerails

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 04:56:24 PDT 2008

Hey everyone,

I'm setting up for a mooring and need the ability to use a beefy
mooring pendant. I've seen some images where I can just barely make
out that a block of wood has been placed up against the toe-rail. This
seems like a good idea, allowing the use of a larger sized fairlead
(width constraint on the toe-rail) as well as removing stresses from
the toe-rail itself.

has anyone done this? Care to comment? Anyone encountered problems
with this setup and wished they'd done something different?

Thanks,

-Jeff Fongemie