[Public-List] Bilge pump question

Rod Symmes harmony at aztec-net.com
Tue Apr 8 07:59:14 PDT 2008

Jonathan;
    You stated that Laughing Gull has a T "VALVE".   The danger , as I see it,  is that "Murphy" could leave the valve in the manual position and then if the electric tried to pump out your bilge,  the discharge would be blocked by the valve in the wrong position. The consequences could be most unpleasant !
Of course,  Murphy's Law says you would not be on board to change the valve when this happened.
George's description of a " T fitting " avoids this problem because both branches are open all the time.  Just be sure that the electric has some form of check valve to prevent some of the manual discharge from draining back into the bilge - unless you think you have enough vertical off the T-fitting the way George describes.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,    Rod