[Public-List] Bilge pump question

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Apr 8 17:03:00 PDT 2008

Hi folks -

I am kicking around the idea of having the electric pump (which I don't have
yet) bail into the cockpit from a position over one of the drains.  I would
put a small clamshell over the outlet to divert the water down and let it
exit the boat through the cockpit drain.

My objectives in this line of thought are two-fold...

First - I wanted to minimize the head up which the electric pump would have
to push the water - maximizing its performance.  I could just use the
through hull for the manual or give it its own near the waterline but I
would still have to give it a loop up high to inhibit syphoning.

Second - I wanted to be able to see the volume of water it was moving.  One
problem with the pump I had in my old boat (Touch Wood) was that I could not
easily tell if it was moving water.

Ok - let me have it with your comments...

Gord
#426 Surprise