[Public-List] How old is to old?

gdinwiddie at alberg30.org gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Apr 14 19:33:30 PDT 2008

Cristóbal,

Welcome to the list.  What's the hull number of the boat?

I don't think there is a "too old" yet for fiberglass boats--at least,
not for ones with thick hulls like the A30.  The value tends to be
related to condition, rather than age.

For a 1965, I would check the condition of the main beam.  If it's
starting to sag, it can be fixed, but that's one more thing to add to
the list.  See http://alberg30.org/maintenance/HullDeck/MastBeam/  Also
check the smaller through-hulls for Whitby's home-made ones.  If you
find these, they should be replaced as soon as possible.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash