[Public-List] Measurements for registration

Michael dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Tue Apr 15 03:32:52 PDT 2008

Jeez. It's nice to know there are places in the world where even more
antique concepts than Gross Vessel Tonnage are held in abeyance.

How about this? tonnage length= 25' ( a nice compromise between water
line and overall length-they seem to want what her length would be
loaded up with stuff, and 5 tons is the least amount this country allows
a boat to be documented in at. That's Gross Tons, which is actually a
measurement of volume of wheat.

Molded depth amidships= 5.24'Gotta get those two decimal points. I'm
thinking stand on the cabin sole and what height you need to look out
the windows to deck top. It looks like your bureaucracy wants to not
include the keel in it's definition of molded depth. I really couldn't
tell you what value that is. I think of molded depth as the (least)
amount of water needed to get the gunwales above water for pumping the
hull out. I'm thinking sunk barge here.

These are not anything I have actually measured, but I bet the slide
rule crowd would not find those numbers too far off. Maybe this will
help you get pointed in the right direction. I hope so.

MichaelGrosh