[Public-List] Durabak

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Thu Apr 17 10:57:14 PDT 2008

Mark Bisset wrote:
> Hi Gord,
>
> It's a paint-on product and it looks pretty good to me. Waterproof,
> skidproof, relatively easy application, bonds to fibreglass, painted or
> otherwise.
> Here's the link to the website: http://www.nonslipcoating.com/

Mark, I think that may be the stuff looked at a few years back.  I got
some samples (on aluminum flashing), and it was pretty aggressively
non-skid.  Might be a little rough to sit on.

What kept me from ordering it was the fact that the only color suitable
for a deck was a bright white.  I prefer the Brightside off-white, as
it's not as much glare in the sun.  I've thought about seeing if I could
order just the rubber granules and mix it into Brightside.  That would
let me adjust the amount of non-skid, also.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash