[Public-List] New Alberg 30 owner in Bellingham, WA

Derrick Serrer cptn_derrick at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 18 15:08:59 PDT 2008

Welcome Jordan and Congratulations!
  I have hull#127 and I am right across the bay from you in Point Roberts! There are 2 other A30's in Point Roberts on the same dock as mine. I know of 1 other A30 in Whiterock as well. I am currently working on most of the projects you are talking about although I am involved in repowering with a diesel at the moment.
  Derrick
  Mara

Jordan Sly <jrsly at hotmail.com> wrote:

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been reading the archives for a while now, but I finally decided to join. I have been looking to get a sailboat for many years now, and a couple months ago I finally decided on an Alberg 30. As of March 18th, I was an owner of a beautiful classic boat. A couple weekends ago I sailed into my home port, and the funny thing is, I am straight across from another members Alberg 30. Randy Katz's Alberg is right across from me. If anyone has any info to share with a new sailboat owner I would love it. I am looking forward to a couple projects that need to be done. Installing a holding tank, creating a insert for the v-berth, remounting all the deck fittings, I am thinking about painting the hull and deck, refinishing (cleaning and sanding) the brightwork, putting lifeline netting around the deck so my 9 month old puppy doesn't go swimming (I am thinking about redoing the stanchions and lifeline at the same time), overhaul the Atomic 4,
 do
something about the original stove...........ect. So thanks for all the info that I have gathered, and Randy, hopefully I will see you down at the docks soon.

Jordan