[Public-List] Georgian Bay cruising

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Apr 25 06:18:33 PDT 2008

Hello all Sweetwater Sea sailors:

Don Campbell of the Great Lakes Association reminded me of two things this
morning.  First, my GLAA dues are overdue. Second, I volunteered last fall
to be the GLAA's Georgian Bay cruise director.

Well, I can look after the first easily enough, the second requires some
thinking.  However, since I have been basking in the glory of bearing the
Title  all winter without doing anything about, I better get cracking.

Some of you will recall that there was talk about a rendezvous at the
western end of Manitoulin Island... I think interest in such an ambitious
voyage has waned so how about something two rendezvous's in less exotic
locals.

Is there interest in something at Sandy Bay, Christian Island in June and
perhaps Wreck Island in September.  If people are interested please cast
your lots by means of return emails.

I should point out that although I know many of you are aware of my
preference for suffering and endourance tests on my holidays, the two
locations I have suggested above are both known for their lovely aspects,
good holding and ease of access.

Standing by -

Gord Laco
A30 KC426 Surprise
Georgian Bay Cruise Director
GLAA
(brevet posting confirmed after my dues cheque clears)