[Public-List] Exterior woodwork

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Tue Apr 29 08:23:53 PDT 2008

Hugh

In the past I have used mahogany from the local lumber store (door frame
mahogany) to redo my cockpit locker tops.  It lasted 2 seasons before it
began to go soft and spongy, I think it was a soft grade of mahogany I
used.  This winter I have removed all the teak toerails and transom and
have fabricated new ones using (compared to the previous)a very hard
mahogany wood.  Only time will tell if this is going to work.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380