[Public-List] new winches

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:26:27 PDT 2008

You can see pix of bushing, brace, new stanchion, and winch (other side)
here:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_X9pVAJpXiq0/SBdwwcfPlxI/AAAAAAAAAM4/C9ZIg7ujsWo/s1600-h/P4290309.JPG

And a further out shot that shows the big picture here:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_X9pVAJpXiq0/SBdyjcfPlzI/AAAAAAAAANE/y7Mo2nxUY_I/s1600-h/P4290308.JPG

I had to install wedges under the stanchions to prevent them from being
angled outboard (they have welded bases with no angle). These I made from
some plastic splitting wedges that I ordered from McMaster Carr and then cut
out the stanchion base pattern and pre-drilled for the 1/4" through bolts.
They work pretty good, I think, and they shouldn't corrode. Cost $5 apiece
or something. It was a lot easier than trying to cut the right taper into
wood or G10.

I love McMaster Carr. www.mcmaster.com if it were not for them I would never
get any boat work done. If you go on their site and search for 'plastic
wedge' you'll find what I used...style one I think it was the 3" wide x 10"
long one.