[Public-List] Folkboat roots of the A30

Henry Hilliard island_light at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 13:01:08 PDT 2008

I submit the following John Alden designed 1947 Malabar Jr. and an early 1927 Malaber as lovely examples of the seminal influence of Alden (along with of course Rhodes, Stephens ...) on Alberg prior to his tenure with Alden.

- btw the 1947 Malabar Jr. has just dropped 5K in price to a paltry 12.5K (see second link). Given she was glasses over (keel,hull, deck) by her former owner (this may discourage or encourage potential buyers depending one's bias). Nevertheless she looks in great shape and my heart goes out to the seller (health issues) who has offered a week of his time to help a new buyer to assist with any routine maintenance. Well I digress..

Henry Hilliard
Celeste  #394

here are the links:

1947 Malabar Jr -