[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1324, Issue 3 - Bottom Paint

Richard Mair fullkeel2000 at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 6 16:55:42 PDT 2008

We use Micron CSC.  2 coats 1st year we used it, in fresh water, then 2  coats the spring of the second year (2005) before we left Toronto. We did a lot of miles before we got there, but before and during that winter, which we spent in the Bahamas, there was no growth. In September the following year we had to start cleaning the bottom but this was easy with the ablative - a quick scrub. We got back to Canada in June 2007 without repainting, and by then the paint was gone in some places.  You can see what that caused on our blog (www.travelsintotheblue.blogspot.com) Repainted this spring with 2 coats and some extra on the waterline where it had come completely off. We think the Micron CSC did pretty well, considering most of its life was in warm salt water.

A quick note: One does not scrub in Halifax Harbour, which only recently stopped being the sewage receptacle for the city.  At least, we don't!

Richard and Margaret 609 Into The Blue