[Public-List] Prefered new fuel tank ?

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Aug 4 06:48:06 PDT 2008

Hi Tom -

I installed a Tempo in the port locker of Surprise - I recall there was a
'Starboard' model too.  I forget the model number but will find it and send
it to you.

The installation was quite painless - the tank fit as if it were made for
the location; and the lose of usable space in the locker was amazingly
slight.  The tank seemed to disappear into it.

Today is Simcoe Day here - a holiday Monday.  I will write tomorrow with the
info.

Can't resist a history monologue about Simcoe...

John Graves Simcoe was the first British Governor of Upper Canada (now
called Ontario)  He was a hero in the 'American War' - the Revolution -
leading the loyalists... The exodus from the northern USA that occurred when
the Crown finally conceded defeat after eight years of supporting loyal
American colonists in what we in Canada see as the first American Civil War,
made Canada an English speaking country.

After the war he and his wife were sent to establish a government here to
organize the new settlers.  The first act of the first assembly of
parliament outlawed slavery (1793)

Simcoe's wife was the sort of woman historians love - easy on the eyes
(portraits of her have survived) and excited enough about her family's
posting to Canada that she wrote, sketched and painted everything she could
about her new life, leaving a wonderful record of her years here.

We should make more of our heros...

Gord #426