[Public-List] Rigging tension

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Tue Aug 5 09:59:53 PDT 2008

   I don't know if there's anything Alberg-specific, but I believe wire
is supposed to be tensioned to about 10% of its breaking strength (why
you can't just "upsize" your wire without paying mind to the size and
load-withstanding abilities of chainplates and such).

  I have a Loos gauge to measure the tension, although I think people
with enough experience don't need the tool :)

Rachel