[Public-List] Bottom paint (re-query)

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Aug 6 10:38:46 PDT 2008

Hi Rachel -

I use International's 'Bottomkote'.  It is not normally recognized as a
racing finish but I started using it because I was used to it from my wooden
boat days.  It is an ablative type bottom paint; it sloughs off through the
season therefore does not result in a heavy build-up.

We sail in particularly clean fresh water...Georgian Bay.   I get three
years out of a coat with minor touch ups in between.

Gord #426