[Public-List] bottom paint/thin gelcoat

Rod Symmes harmony at aztec-net.com
Fri Aug 8 08:57:52 PDT 2008

My understanding is that the gelcoat is waterproof  -  and epoxy/fibreglass is not very.   I would be inclined to either fix the gelcoat or put on several coats of a barrier coat.
I put on 6 coats of INTERPROTECT 2000 and my blister problem is gone. [ touch wood ...  or should that be touch fibreglass ]

Cheers,    Rod

   Is it a good idea to re-gelcoat those
        patches? Does anyone worry about that at all?

  On these 40 yr old boats this has got to be something many of us have
       seen.

     Thanks--
  Randy Katz
  Seattle/Bellingham. WA.