[Public-List] Genoa travler leingth

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Fri Aug 8 09:17:16 PDT 2008

Good morning Albergers,

I have a question for those of you who actually sail your boats.  I am
rebuilding the toe rail and traveler on good old #148 and wonder if the
genoa traveler needs to be as long as it was originally.  Mine originally
ran about 18-24" forward of the 1st stanchion aft of the stays (which,
looking at the side of the boat, falls right between the "picture windows").
I would like to shorten it so it stops just aft of the stanchion.  Does
anyone make beneficial use of that "forward of the stanchion" part of the
traveler?  I have a working jib, that I assume would sheet to the little mid
deck traveler, and 130 and 180 genoas.

Thanks,

Roger