[Public-List] Genoa travler leingth

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Fri Aug 8 10:14:11 PDT 2008

Roger

How does sheeting your working jib(110?) to the small mid deck traveller work? Mine is sheeted to the forward portion of the genoa track.

David, 432

>>> "J Bergquist" <jbergqui at gmail.com> 08/08/08 12:49 PM >>>
Roger, I think you will want the forward part of the track for your
130. I would leave it.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Roger L. Kingsland
<r.kingsland at ksba.com> wrote:
> Good morning Albergers,
>
> I have a question for those of you who actually sail your boats.  I am
> rebuilding the toe rail and traveler on good old #148 and wonder if the
> genoa traveler needs to be as long as it was originally.  Mine originally
> ran about 18-24" forward of the 1st stanchion aft of the stays (which,
> looking at the side of the boat, falls right between the "picture windows").
> I would like to shorten it so it stops just aft of the stanchion.  Does
> anyone make beneficial use of that "forward of the stanchion" part of the
> traveler?  I have a working jib, that I assume would sheet to the little mid
> deck traveler, and 130 and 180 genoas.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

J Bergquist