[Public-List] Alberg shopping (was Hope Island RacingConference)

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Aug 12 21:10:11 PDT 2008

Rachel,

That's a pretty good synopsis.  Close enough to give a good feel.

I'd just like to add that the chainplate attachments are a problem in
all the boats, and the bolts should be upgraded to 5/16" or doubled in
number (and don't use fully-threaded bolts).  Sometimes the knees should
be given attention, too.

Also, while they should mostly be gone, watch out for Whitby's "home
made" 3/4" through-hulls.  They were a two-piece design made from pipe
and washer--a very dangerous boat-sinker.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash