[Public-List] Alberg shopping (was Hope Island RacingConference)

pwrutland at bellnet.ca pwrutland at bellnet.ca
Wed Aug 13 13:22:06 PDT 2008

I have a feeling that when I write to you, that a lot more folks get it, and
so I would like to thank everyone who wrote to me about new boat.

I had a shark for my first boat, and there was an active class association,
but it did not seem to be as helpful as the present A30 folks. I think they
were all interested in racing, and if one did not race, that was it. I then
bought a white with petter contessa 26, and the only association I was aware
of was in England, but even then, some of them were quite helpful.  I find
the A30 class association or groups quite an incentive to purcahse one.
Boats are always a way of learning for me, and the support demonstrated in
the last few days is impressive.

I have a lot to digest, and wanted to thank everyone and I will be in touch
as things progress.