[Public-List] Sling points for haul out

LindaW lrwillow at toad.net
Fri Aug 22 20:28:00 PDT 2008

Not sure exactly, but last time Wooshkeetaan was hoisted, I think the
rear one was about a foot aft of the cabin and the forward one was just
ahead of the forward shroud. The lift driver knew the boats well (and
doubtless has a practiced eye!) and as soon as she was up and over
ground he rigged a heavy line between the two lift straps below the
swell of the bilge to keep the forward one from sliding up the slope of
the bow. The rear one if placed too far aft will put pressure on the
rudder which can be discerned at the tiller before lots of pressure is
applied. May she swing safely! RogerW