[Public-List] I may be purchasing an Alberg 30 and I'd like some input.

conor mackenzie conormackenzie at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 11:23:03 PDT 2008

Hello all...

I am interested in some feedback on a potential purchase of an Alberg 30.  It is a '65 and currently moored in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  I friend of mine  will sell it to me for $4,000 CAD.  It is apparently in good working order and is complete with a Volvo MD7A with ~400Hrs. If I purchase the vessel I plan to sail South down the West Coast of Mexico this winter staying relatively close to shore.

I have indepth specs and pictures of the vessel if anyone is interested in giving me feedback. It is well used but apparently still quite seaworthy.
Please let me know what your opinion is on this matter.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Conor MacKenzie
Tofino, BC
Canada.