[Public-List] Alberg shopping (was Hope Island RacingConference)

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Tue Aug 12 21:36:16 PDT 2008

Hi George,

You know, I thought about the through-hulls after I hit "send," and
then debated whether to call them out, or whether they fit in the "many
old boats came with questionable sea valves" category.

But I think you're right to call them out, in addition to the gate
valves used on (as far as I know) all the through hulls.  Even if
they're in good shape, they really should be taken out and replaced
with proper seacocks (and the original through-hulls scrutinized as
well, even if they aren't the pipe-and-washer ones).

Thanks for adding to my "diatribe" :)

Rachel