[Public-List] Transmission Removal Prop-Shaft Question

laserandy at aol.com laserandy at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 05:40:45 PST 2008

I need to pull the transmission over the winter to replace a leaky rear seal.? I'm thinking about trying to do it without removing the engine.? Has anyone done this?? Anyone know how far back you can push the prop-shaft before the prop hits the back of the keyhole?? My recollection from putting the thing together is that I only need a couple (2-4) inches to get the transmission clear of the crankshaft.

All experiences/warnings (e.g. don't drop the propshaft out the back of the boat...) appreciated.

Andrew
Andante - 152